When I feel down I try to observe the cause of my sufferings. It is easy for me to seize the pain arising from one or two ways. But what shall I do if I’m suffering from a lot of problems and emotions? If I’m feeling down because of so many things I create a list:
- Got into an argument with someone.
- The people around me do not care what I’m doing for them.
- I’m overwhelmed by too much of work.
- I need someone to talk.
- I’m overthinking.
- Oh God! My life is screwed up. Shower some peace.
- It is hard to live a good life.
I sit on my bed and break down into little sobs. I’m upset and disheartened. I curse everyone on the planet. Fortunately, I remind myself that I’ve never been so weak to lose the control over my life.
I gather myself up. I pick up my phone and play Jaapji by Guru Nanak.
I peel off my clothes and go into the bathroom. I turn on the shower. While bathing I meditate on the words of Guru Nanak. I feel a little better. (more…)