When I was a college student I used to have a long list of quotes. I even created a Facebook page for sharing my collection of quotes such as inspirational happiness quotes, motivational quotes. The page got a couple of lakh likes too.
But, as I got busy with life, I seldom update the post on the page now. However, my love for collecting quotes about happiness and love has not yet gone.
Whenever I feel disappointed, either I read a book or just take a glance at the happiness quotes. Although quotes on happiness help in mending my mood a little, at least these quotes aware me of the truth of life.
Moreover, when I’ve nothing to do and have to kill my time, I either open the Oxford dictionary of quotation, which I lend from a friend and never returned him, or I just open the Google and search random quotes such as famous happiness quotes or funny happiness quotes.
Among all the below-listed happiness quotes, a few of the sayings are so deep and encouraging that can make a man think about his happiness and life. The quotations that have made me contemplate are those that I can count on as the true happiness quotes for me.
Apart from that, a year ago when I was trying to become a good civil engineer on the plea of my parents, I remain upset whole day long. It was only because I wanted to be a writer and not a civil engineer.
So, to remain motivated and happy, I had covered my room’s wall with inspirational happiness quotes. As I read those happiness quotes every day, the words and sayings left a deep impression on my soul.
Below I’ve shared 105 inspirational happiness quotes to make your day awesome. Read and re-read these happiness quotes or even write them down in your journal to let the happiness envelop you.
1. Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. – Dr. Seuss
2. For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. If people are talking behind your back, be happy that you are the one in front.-
4. Happiness is where we find it, but very rarely where we seek it.
–J. Petit Senn
5. The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don’t have.
6. Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.
– Charles Swindoll
7. Be more dedicated to making solid achievements than in running after swift but synthetic happiness. – Abdul Kalam
8. Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
– Robert A. Heinlein
9. Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.
10. True happiness is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.
– Helen Keller
11. We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.
12. How am I going to live today in order to create the tomorrow I’m committed to?
– Anthony Robbins
13. Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.
14. The secret to happiness is not to do what makes you happy, it’s to be happy doing what you’re already doing.
15. Happiness is always the serendipitous result of looking for something else.
– Dr. Idel Dreimer
16. The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.
–Henry Ward Beecher
17. You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore
– Christopher Columbus
18. Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
– Marthe Troly-Curtin
19. Everyone wants your happiness. Don’t let them take it!!
20. Happiness is not an ideal of reason, but of imagination.
– Immanuel Kant
21. Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today
– James Dean
22. We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
23. Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.
– Ernest Hemingway
24. Happiness is a well-balanced combination of love, labour, and luck.
– Mary Wilson Little
25. The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.
–Henry Ward Beecher
26. Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.
27. Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
28. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
– Mahatma Gandhi
29. Happiness is excitement that has found a settling down place. But there is always a little corner that keeps flapping around.
– E.L. Konigsburg
30. Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.
31. Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.
– Frank Tyger
32. I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.
33. You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.
– Albert Camus
34. Happiness is that state of consciousness which proceeds from the achievement of one’s values.
– Ayn Rand
35. You never regret being kind.
– Nicole Shepherd
36. Be happy with what you have. Be excited about what you want.
– Alan Cohen
37. Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.
38. Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.
– Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
39. Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
–Margaret Lee Runbeck
40. Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.
41. Life is a journey, and if you fall in love with the journey, you will be in love forever.
42. Live life as if everything is rigged in your favour.
43. Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.
– Dalai Lama XIV
44. Happiness is an accident of nature, a beautiful and flawless aberration.
45. Be believing, be happy, don’t get discouraged. Things will work out.
–Gordon B. Hinckley
46. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
47. There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.
48. Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.
– John Lennon
49. Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.
50. Talking about someone who makes you happy actually makes you happy.
51. Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they’ve started.”
52. Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts.– J.W. Goethe
53. If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
54. Happiness is holding someone in your arms and knowing you hold the whole world.
55. Happy is entirely up to you and always has been.
56. We forge the chains we wear in life.
– Charles Dickens
57. You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.
– George Lorimer
58. They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.
59. Happiness is a conscious choice, not an automatic response.
60. If you want to be happy, be.
61. Everything is a gift of the universe–even joy, anger, jealously, frustration, or separateness. Everything is perfect either for our growth or our enjoyment.
– Ken Keyes Jr.
62. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
–George Bernard Shaw
63. The most important thing is to enjoy your life—to be happy—it’s all that matters.
64. Happiness is your dentist telling you it won’t hurt and then having him catch his hand in the drill.
65. He habit of being happy enables one to be freed, or largely freed, from the domination of outward conditions.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
66. There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts.
– Richard Bach
67. Persistence: fall down seven times, stand up eight.
– Japanese Proverb
68. Happiness is a warm puppy.
– Charles M. Schulz
69. Happiness is the resultant of the relative strengths of positive and negative feelings rather than an absolute amount of one or the other.
– Norman Bradburn
70. Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
71. If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes.
72. When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive — to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
– Marcus Aurelius
73. You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.
–Jonathan Safran Foer
74. Happiness is an occasional brief glance into how simple it all can be.
– Robert Brault
75. Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
76. Tension is who you think you should be, relaxation is who you are.- Chinese Proverb
77. First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.
78. No medicine cures what happiness cannot.
– Gabriel García Márquez
79. Happiness is not being pained in body or troubled in mind.
80. The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.
81. For me it is sufficient to have a corner by my hearth, a book, and a friend, and a nap undisturbed by creditors or grief.
– Fernandez de Andrada
82. Think of yourself on the threshold of success. A whole, clear, glorious life lies before you. Achieve! Achieve!
– Andrew Carnegie
83. Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.
– George Burns
84. Happiness is the natural flower of duty.
85. If only we’d stop trying to be happy we could have a pretty good time.
86. You cannot judge what should bring others joy, and others cannot judge what should bring you joy.
– Alan Cohen
87. Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.
– Willie Nelson
88. Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
89. Real happiness is cheap enough, yet how dearly we pay for its counterfeit.
– Hosea Ballou
90. Nobody really cares if you’re miserable, so you might as well be happy.
91. The art of living lies less in eliminating our troubles than growing with them.
– Bernard M. Baruch
92. I quit being afraid when my first venture failed and the sky didn’t fall down.
-Allen H. Neuharth
93. The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open.
– Chuck Palahniuk
94. Happiness is the interval between periods of unhappiness.
– Don Marquis
95. Indeed, man wishes to be happy even when he so lives as to make happiness impossible.
96. If you start to think the problem is ‘out there,’ stop yourself. That thought is the problem.
97. Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
98. You can’t be happy unless you’re unhappy sometimes.
– Lauren Oliver
99. Happiness is a function of accepting what is.
– Werner Erhard
100. Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.
102. Happiness cannot be travelled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.
103. Self-suggestion makes you master of yourself.
–W. Clement Stone
104. Hope Smiles from the threshold of the year to come, Whispering ‘it will be happier’…
105. Happiness is usually attributed by adults to children, and by children to adults.
– Thomas Szasz
Hope you enjoyed reading the happiness quotes. Share with me your favorite quote in the comments below. Also, subscribe to this website so that you never miss this kind of posts and new updates.