Most of the Buddha quotes are extracted from the philosophy of Four Noble Truths. Whatever may be the quotes about, be it Buddha quotes on happiness or Buddha quotes on death, all you can find in the scriptures of Buddhism. Not only Buddha quotes, but even beyond all the knowledge you’ve ever thought.
It was in 2015 that I read the Four Noble Truths. The wisdom I read was profound and from that day I was never the same person again.
It is natural that reading scriptures consume whole a lot of time, but after the evolution of the internet, we can read the wisdom from the abridged scriptures within a few hours.
As Buddha has shared his knowledge on every little subject, we are able to read the Buddha quotes on the same. From Buddha quotes on karma to Buddha quotes on love and marriage to Buddha quotes on anger, I’ve collected all the Buddha quotes in this article.
One of the best things I found while reading the Buddha quotes is how simply the Siddhartha has shared his life wisdom in just a few words. The essence of Buddha’s teaching is not only about sharing the timeless truth but also help the people to live the life of dharma (righteousness).
Although most of the Buddha’s teaching left unexplained, we can still follow the teachings we’ve left with. Even just by following the Buddha quotes can help us tread down the road of the truth.
Below are the 47 Buddha quotes images that will help you to connect with your soul.
1. In the end, only three things matter: How much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.
2. No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
3. My Actions are my Only True Belongings.
4. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
5. If you knew what I know about the power of giving you would not let a single meal pass without sharing it in some way
6. When the student is ready, the teacher will appear
7. A man is not called wise because he talks and talks again; but if he is peaceful, loving and fearless then he is in truth called wise
8. It is in the nature of things that joy arises in a person free from remorse.
9. Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
10. I never see what has been done; I only see what remains to be done.
11. The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become.
12. Purity or impurity depends on oneself, no one can purify another.
13. It would be true to say that loving-kindness and compassion are all of our practice.
14. What we think, we become.
15. You only lose what you cling to.
16. Health is the greatest gift, contentment is the greatest wealth, a trusted friend is the best relative, the liberated mind is the greatest bliss.
17. Just as a snake sheds its skin, we must shed our past over and over again.
18. If a man who enjoys a lesser happiness beholds a greater one, let him leave aside the lesser to gain the greater.
19. You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
20. The trouble is, you think you have time.
21. The thought manifests as the word: the word manifests as the deed: the deed develops into character. So watch the thought and its ways with care, and let it spring from love born out of concern for all beings.
22. Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
23. Every Human Being is the Author Of His own Health or Disease.
24. Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
25. Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.
26. If your compassion does not include yourself, It is incomplete.
27. Happiness will never come to those who fail to appreciate what they already have.
28. A man is not called wise because he talks and talks again; but if he is peaceful, loving and fearless then he is in truth called wise.
29. To keep the body in good health is a duty… otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.
30. Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
31. Everything that has a beginning has an ending. Make your peace with that and all will be well.
32. A man asked Gautama Buddha, ‘I want happiness.’ Buddha said, ‘First remove I, that’s Ego, then remove want, that’s Desire. See now you are left with only Happiness.
33. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection
34. Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
35. The tongue like a sharp knife… Kills without drawing blood.
36. If anything is worth doing, do it with all your heart
37. To insist on a spiritual practice that served you in the past is to carry the raft on your back after you have crossed the river.
38. True love is born from understanding.
39. Without health life is not life; it is only a state of langour and suffering – an image of death.
40. Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.
41. Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own unguarded thoughts.
42. True love is born from understanding.
43. Hatred Doesn’t Cease By Hatred, but Only by Love, This is the Eternal Rule.
44. It is a man’s own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
45. To abstain from lying is essentially wholesome.
46. The root of suffering is attachment.
47. Remembering a wrong is like carrying a burden on the mind.
Hope you enjoyed reading the Buddha Quotes. Share with me your favorite quote in the comments below. Also, subscribe to this website so that you never miss this kind of posts and new updates.