Over a million people search for the term Mahatma Gandhi quotes every year. It is only because of the life that Mahatma Gandhi had lived. Mahatma Gandhi quotes have inspired many of the people around the globe and will always inspire the next generation in future.
Mahatma Gandhi’s real name was Mohan Das Karamchand Gandhi. He was accolade with the title “Mahatma” which means mahaan atma (great soul) after he encouraged a large mass of Indian population in the struggle for independence.
After reading his autobiography “My Experience with Truth” I was enthralled. Explaining his real-life incidence, he shared his spiritual lessons in a way that I could never forget the same. Moreover, I found some of the Mahatma Gandhi quotes in the book which I’ve shared in this post.
One of the famous Gandhi quotes on change is “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” Below are the 53 Mahatma Gandhi Quotes. From Mahatma Gandhi Quotes on education to Mahatma Gandhi Quotes on love, I’ve tried to include all the famous saying.
I hope the collection of Inspirational Mahatma Gandhi Quotes may help you.
1. God has no religion.
2. Whatever you do will be insignificant. But it is very important that you do it.
3. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
4. You must be the change you want to see in the world.
5. Where there is love there is life.
6. As human begins, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world- that is the myth of the atomic age- as in being able to remake ourselves.
7. There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.
8. It is unwise to be too sure of one’s own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.
9. First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win
10. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
11. The future depends on what you do today.
12. The good man is the friend of all living things.
13. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
14. If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.
15. Prayer is the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening.
16. The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problem.
17. A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.
18. A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
19. Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.
20. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
21. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of strong.
22. A no uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a ‘Yes’ uttered merely to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.
23. There is a force in the universe, which, if we permit it, will flow through us and produce miraculous results.
24. My life is my message.
25. When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.
26. The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
27. An Eye for an eye will make the whole world Blind.
28. You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
29. Glory lies in the attempt to reach one’s goal and not reaching it.
30. You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
31. We will become who we are meant to become.
32. Service which is rendered without joy helps neither the servant nor the served.
33. The day the power of love overrules the love of power, the world will know peace.
34. As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world – that is the myth of the atomic age – as in being able to remake ourselves.
35. A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.
36. It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver
37. Your beliefs become your thoughts, Your thoughts become your words, Your words become your actions, Your actions become your habits, Your habits become your values, Your values become your destiny.
38. He difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.
39. To lose patience is to lose the battle.
40. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
41. Be truthful gentle and fearless.
42. Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
43. In doing something, do it with love or never do it at all.
44. It is difficult, but not impossible, to conduct strictly honest business.
45. Non-violence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man.
46. It is my conviction that nothing enduring can be built on violence.
47. Whenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love.
48. You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.
49. Those who cannot renounce attachment to the results of their work are far from the path.
50. A nation’s culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people.
51. There is more to life than simply increasing its speed.
52. Man Should Forget His Anger Before He Lies Down To Sleep.
53. Fearlessness is the first requisite of spirituality. Cowards can never be moral.
Hope you enjoyed reading the Mahatma Gandhi Quotes. Share with me your favorite quote in the comments below. Also, subscribe to this website so that you never miss this kind of posts and new updates.