The idea of writing letting go and moving on quotes came to my mind while reading The Lessons of My Life by Khushwant Singh. The book is also one of my favorites.
Before moving to spirituality and self-improvement, I used to read only two writers: Khushwant Singh and Ruskin Bond. The books from these two writers have helped me to find my voice. I have read every book I lay my hands.
As I was reading The Lessons of My Life, I found reading myself Khushwant Singh talking about letting go and moving on. While he was explaining why clinging to past can steal the happiness of present, he used the idiom, “Why cry over spilled milk?”
I may have read the idiom many times before, but this time, the phrase had left an awakening impact on me, for I’ve been struggling with the mistakes and failures of my past for many days. And this one of the amazing letting go and moving on quotes reminded me of why moving on is the best option in that current situation.
Often most, we are either dwelling in the past or worried about the future. Although we can do something about the future, for it has not yet arrived, we cannot change the past.
There is no other remedy for the depression resurfacing from the past mistakes than to just let it go. Whatever happened has happened. We had no control over it now. We can change the past experiences by learning from it and by avoiding the same mistakes in future.
Another best option to let go of the past is by reading and re-reading letting go and moving on quotes.
Just like one simple quote I read in a book helped me to come out of my unhappiness, the below-listed letting go and moving on quotes have the power to transform the way you feel about yourself.
Reading should not be stopped. To see maximum results in less time, you need to read these quotes again and over again. Like I have the habit of taking notes of what I consider the best, you can also spend a few minutes in taking down these letting go and moving on quotes.
You can also bookmark this page and visit again when you feel the need of inspiration.
Letting Go And Moving On Quotes
1. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” – Hermann Hesse
2. “The truth is unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” ― Steve Maraboli
3. “All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.” – Havelock Ellis
4. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” – Hermann Hesse
5. “Moving on and letting go makes the present better and future best.” – Unknown
6. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.”
― Steve Maraboli
7. “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” – J. K. Rowling
8. “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
9. “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” – Guy Finley
10. “Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.” ― Steve Maraboli
11. “It is mental slavery to cling to things that have stopped serving it’s purpose in your life.” – Chinonye J. Chidolue
12. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
13. “When you’re passionate about something, you want it to be all it can be. But in the endgame of life, I fundamentally believe the key to happiness is letting go of that idea of perfection.” – Debra Messing
14. “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.” ― Ann Landers
15. “It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.” – Theodore Roosevelt
16. “We need to learn to let go as easily as we grasp and we will find our hands full and our minds empty.” – Leo F. Buscaglia
17. “The main thing in making art often is letting go of your expectation and your idea.” – Agnes Martin
18. “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.” ― Roy T. Bennett
19. “Letting go is the willingness to change your beliefs in order to bring more peace and joy into your life instead of holding onto beliefs that bring pain and suffering…” – Hal Tipper
20. “To let go is to release the images and emotions, the grudges and fears, the clingings and disappointments of the past that bind our spirit.”
– Jack Kornfield
21. “It’s easy to come up with new ideas; the hard part is letting go of what worked for you two years ago, but will soon be out-of-date. – Roger von Oech
22. “Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go but rather learning to start over.” ― Nicole Sobon
23. “Life is just a slide. Back and forth between loving and leaving, remembering and forgetting, holding on and letting go.” – Nicole Lyons
24. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber
25. “Letting go of things and not being afraid of being ridiculous or over the top – I think that’s the main thing for me to work on.” – Charlotte Gainsbourg
26. “There ain’t no way you can hold onto something that wants to go, you understand? You can only love what you got while you got it.” ― Kate DiCamillo
27. “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.” – Alyson Noel
28. “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
29. “Once you realize you deserve a bright future, letting go of your dark past is the best choice you will ever make.” ― Roy T. Bennett
30. “There are times in life when people must know when not to let go. Balloons are designed to teach small children this.” – Terry Pratchett
31. “Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed.” – Wayne Dyer
32. “It is important that we forgive ourselves for making mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move on.” ― Steve Maraboli
33. “It is by giving the freedom to the other, that is by letting go, we gain our own freedom back.” – Aleksandra Ninkovic
34. “Laughter gives us distance. It allows us to step back from an event, deal with it and then move on.” – Bob Newhart
35. “It is important that we forgive ourselves for making mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move on.” ― Steve Maraboli
36. “Just because someone has been in your life for many years, doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be a point at which you finally decide to let go.” – Wilfred James Dolor
37. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer.” – Denis Waitley
38. “There are times in life when people must know when not to let go. Balloons are designed to teach small children this.” ― Terry Pratchett
39. “Just remember, when you should grab something, grab it; when you should let go, let go.” – Unknown
40. “Sometimes you have to let things go. Sometimes you have to stop caring for a minute.” – Trina Etmanskie
41. “Let go of your attachment to being right, and suddenly your mind is more open. You’re able to benefit from the unique viewpoints of others, without being crippled by your own judgment.” – Ralph Marston
42. “Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake & help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.” ― Mandy Hale
43. “Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can’t accept who you are.” – Turcois Ominek
44. “You don’t need strength to let go of something. What you really need is understanding.” – Guy Finley
45. “The day I understood everything, was the day I stopped trying to figure everything out. The day I knew peace was the day I let everything go.” ― JoyBell C.
46. “Letting go is not getting rid of memories. Memories will stay, they always do. Letting go is making sure that the pain associated with the memories goes away.”– Arti Honrao
47. “You’ve got to make a conscious choice every day to shed the old – whatever ‘the old’ means for you.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
48. “The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.” ― Steve Maraboli
49. “If love becomes too painful, then it’s time to let that love go and save yourself. You have to keep this in mind because you’ll be able to find another love but not another self.” – Robert Tew
50. “You only struggle because you’re ready to grow but aren’t willing to let go.” – Drew Gerald
51. “It is important that we forgive ourselves for making mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move on.” – Steve Maraboli
52. “It’s not a matter of letting go – you would if you could. Instead of “Let it go” we should probably say “Let it be”. – Jon Kabat-Zinn
53. “You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles.” – C. JoyBell C.
If you enjoyed reading the post, join our tribe and never miss any post. Also, get access to the remarkable 7 Day Free Email Course. Fill out your details below.