I recall reading somewhere, ‘A smart man learns from his mistakes. A wise one learns from the mistakes of others.’ Awakening!
Mistakes are necessary to progress in life. But if we can learn from other’s mistakes, it is divine. There are three points I think I did follow in my life:
- Observe how others are doing in their profession. What are they doing that can be beneficial to me if I apply the same?
- Never feel afraid of seeking help. If I face any problem in my profession, I look for help from other professionals working in my field.
- Try not to break promises. Keeping promises develop the character, and people can trust you when you are in need.
I have taken life suggestions many times. I still keep seeking the advice! Nothing defeats the books. Vera Nazarian, an American-Russian writer, amazingly said:
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light.
Nowadays, people do not believe in the advice until they do mistakes and learn. It is only because advice is free. So people like motivational speakers and coaches charge fees. That is absolutely reasonable. People value things after paying the price for it.
Suggestions create a roadmap in our life. For a high-quality life, you must listen to the high-quality suggestions.
I’ve collected some of the best suggestions from books and web to help you live an extraordinary life. I hope it may help you. If you like it, share it with your friends.
53 Suggestions To Have An Extraordinary Life
- You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down.
- Until you change yourself, you could not change others.
- Never tell your problems to anyone… 20% don’t care and the other 80% are glad that you have them.
- If you don’t read the newspaper, you’re uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you’re misinformed.
- Only a woman can make you feel wrong for doing something right.
- If you treat people right they will treat you right – ninety percent of the time.
- Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas.
- The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.
- Only in the darkness, you are able to see the stars.
- You can’t get spoiled if you do your own ironing.
- Women are made to be loved not understood.
- Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
- To do a great right do a little wrong.
- In a conflict between heart and the brain, follow your heart.
- If you have a particular religion, that is good. But you can survive without it.
- You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
- Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
- You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
- There are some people you cannot change, you must either swallow them whole or leave them alone.
- Be careful about reading health books. You may die of misprint.
- It is better to be alone than in bad company.
- Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs.
- Let others lead small lives, but not you. Let others argue over small things, but not you. Let others cry over small hurts, but not you. Let others leave their future in someone else’s hands, but not you.
- Don’t find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
- Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.
- Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
- To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If you are not, pretend you are.
- Either you run the day or the day runs you.
- There is a great woman behind every idiot too.
- If you’re gonna be two-faced, at least make one of them pretty.
- If you want a thing done well, do it yourself.
- Yelling at living things does tend to kill the spirit in them. Sticks and stones may break the bones, but words will break the hearts.
- When you’re curious, you find a lot of interesting things to do.
- No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.
- Your mind is your greatest asset. Use it massively.
- Understand the value of time. Do not let it go. Time is precious than money.
- You’ve Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are.
- You’re never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you’re never as bad as they say when you lose.
- Every problem is a gift – without problems you would not grow.
- Why live an ordinary life, when you can live an extraordinary life.
- To be yourself in a word that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
- Peace comes from within. Do not see it without.
- If you’ve no critics you’ll likely have no success.
- Surround yourself only with people who are going to take you higher.
- Education is your passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.
- When you know better you do better.
- In mathematics, you don’t understand things. You just get used to them.
- When you’re thirty you’re old enough to know better, but still young enough to go ahead and do it.
- Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.
- If what you’ve done is stupid, but it works, it ain’t stupid.
- Marry. If you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.
- It is no use of saying ‘we are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.
- Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.
The best of the advice I’ve ever implemented in my own life is an old adage, ‘Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right.’ In September 1947 “The Reader Digest” published the quotation. Still, researchers are confused whether it is originally crafted by Henry Ford or not. But that does not really matter.
What really concerns is do we really believe that we can see the change in our life? I don’t know. What I know is a firm commitment to the goals can make every individual an extraordinary being. In short, committing, planning, acting and repeating is the key to your successful life.
If there are any suggestions that have changed your life and if you want to share it with the people, you can comment below. Again, share the post with your friends if you love reading it.