Although this post is the collection of people’s perspective on love quotes, I believe love is something which cannot be understood merely in words. Everyone has a different philosophy of love, but truly, no one has its exact definition. Love is motivation, a divine power, too large and deep which can only be experienced.
It is an invisible force that makes human beings progress in their life. More than religion, the world needs love. It binds people to each other in a unique and unpredictable way. And you could find how big people have perceived love in the form of love quotes. Love quotes have always been enjoyed by people. But before reading out those beautiful love quotes, let me share something.
Love quotes – I recall a story from my childhood:
On an island, there lived all the feelings together. One day, a storm came in the sea and the island was about to drown. Every feeling was scared but Love made a boat.
All the feelings jumped in the boat except one. Love got down the boat to see the missing member. It was Ego, standing far away from the shore. Love tried hard to convince Ego, but Ego didn’t move. Every feeling asked Love to leave Ego and come on the boat but Love, as always, meant to Love. It remained with Ego.
All the feelings left on the boat, but Love died because of Ego.
It is ego which kills love in people.
Once we kill the ego, we owe all the happiness of the world.
Today, I’ve collected 62 love quotes to help you understand more about the love. Share it with your friends, if you like reading these love quotes. Also, you could copy one or two love quotes and post at your social media accounts to spread the love around.
Subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss these kinds of posts.
62 Love Quotes To Understand What Is Love All About
- “A woman is the only thing I am afraid of that I know will not hurt me.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
- “Love is a mutual self-giving which ends in self-recovery.” – Fulton Sheen
- “Gravitation is not responsible for the people falling in love.” – Albert Einstein
- “We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection.” – Dalai Lamas
- “Anyone who loves in the expectation of being loved in return is wasting their time.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Love is a friendship set to music.” – Joseph Campbell
- “Don’t forget to love yourself.” – Soren Kirkegaard
- “In the absence of love, we began slowly but surely to fall apart.” – Marianne Williamson
- “Don’t brood. Get on with living and loving. You don’t have forever.” – Leo Buscaglia
- “When the power of love, will overcome the love of power, the world will know peace.” – Jimi Hendrix
- “A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is a reality.” – John Lennon
- “Love does not dominate, it cultivates.” – Johann Goethe
- “Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart, and the senses.” – Lao Tzu
- “The more one judges, the less one loves.” – Honore de Balzac
- “Love is like a flower – you’ve got to let it grow.” – John Lennon
- “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” – Oscar Wilde
- “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Herman Hesse
- “The very essence of romance is uncertainty.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.” – Plato
- “Speak low, if you speak love.” – William Shakespeare
- “Only one who loves can remember so well.” – Anton Chekhov
- “Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you. Tomorrow I’ll miss you.” – Paul McCartney
- “The future for me is already a thing of the past — you were my first love and you will be my last.” – Bob Dylan
- “If you can make a girl laugh. You can make her do anything.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “I love you more than songs can say, but I can’t keep running after yesterday.” – John Mayer
- ” Some people care too much. I think it’s called love.” – Alan A. Milne
- “Love is the enchanted dawn of every heart.” – Alphonse de Lamartine
- “One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.” – Paulo Coelho
- “A loving heart is the truest wisdom.” – Charles Dickens
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” – Alan A. Milne
- “Eternity is in the love with the production of time.” – William Blake
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
- “A compliment is something like a kiss through a veil.” – Victor Hugo
- “Do not seek the ‘Because’. In love, there is no because, no reason, no explanation, no solutions.” – Anais Nin
- “Real love is permanently self-enlarging experience.” – Scott Peck
- “It was the first time I was ever in love, and I learned a lot. Before that I’d never even thought about killing myself.” – Steven Wright
- “I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “Love, whether newly born or aroused from a deathlike slumber, must always create sunshine, filling the heart so full of radiance, this it overflows upon the outward world.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
- “Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That’s relativity.” – Albert Einstein
- “If I hand a flower every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.” – Alfred Tennyson
- “To fall in love you have to be in the state of mind for it to take, like a disease.” – Nancy Mitford
- “There is a woman at the beginning of all great things.” – Alphonse de Lamartine
- “Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” – Robert Frost
- “You must remember to love people and use things, rather than to love things and use people.” – Fulton Sheen
- “All happiness or unhappiness solely depends upon the quality of the object to which we are attached by love.” – Baruch Spinoza
- “Love doesn’t need the reason. It speaks from the irrational wisdom of the heart.” – Deepak Chopra love quotes
- “You know it’s love when you all want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.” – Julia Roberts
- “It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them.” – Agatha Christie
- “The strength of truth lies in love and the strength of love lies in truth.” – Pandurang S. Athavale
- “Rekindled love is generally short term.” – Nicholas Sparks love quotes
- “I finally understood what true love meant… love meant that you care for another person’s happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “To say ‘I love You’ one must know how to say ‘I'” – Ayn Rand
- “Don’t tell a woman she’s pretty; tell her there’s no other woman like her, and all roads will open to you.” – Jules Renard love quotes
- “Sometimes, only one person is missing, and the whole world seems depopulated.” – Alphonse de Lamartine
- “Love is all, it gives all, and it takes all.” – Soren Kirkegaard
- “Ultimately love is everything”. – Scott Peck love quotes
- “Be careful of love. It’ll twist your brain around and leaves you thinking up is down and right is wrong.” – Rick Riordan
- “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.” – Albert Einstein
- “Just when you think it can’t get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can’t get any better, it can.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “If a thing loves, it is infinite.” – William Blake