Every time I sense a negative emotion arising within, I practice deep breathing, listen to a motivational video, or read a book or keep calm quotes. Simplifying the life is a tough job. Most people fail to fight against the different waves of emotions they confront throughout the day. Some people are impatient to practice peace while the others give up before they take their anxiety to an end.
Peace of mind can be disturbed at any moment. Anger, jealousy, pride, speaking unmindfully and loneliness are some of the common destructive habits that can steal your happiness.
No matter how difficult, it is possible to achieve peace. Practice is mandatory. Every time a negative emotion arises, practice. Do whatever is required. Read a book or keep calm quotes. Exercise or practice deep breathing. Pray or chant a mantra. Find what helps you to overcome anxiety and repeat.
Reading a book or keep calm quotes suits me best. Whenever I feel depressed, I pick a spiritual book and let go of my emotions. Keep calm quotes work as well, provided you’ve to read and re-read them until you find peace of mind.
I hope the following keep calm quotes help you to live in harmony with the Universe.
When Life Gets Tough
We cannot ignore the fact that most of us lack the ability to control happiness. Life cannot be a smooth ride always. You’ve to go through a lot of bumps and pits. Moreover, when everything is going well in your life, you are certainly going in a wrong way because a successful life stands across the rough road. And when you confront the tough times, approach them with patience. Keep calm and don’t let the temporary storm vanish your thirst for success. (Recommended reading: 9 Best Books On Success To Skyrocket Your Achievements)
Keep calm quotes about life
1. They sicken of the calm who know the storm. ― Dorothy Parker
2. Patience is not the ability to wait. Patience is to be calm no matter what happens, constantly take action to turn it to positive growth opportunities, and have faith to believe that it will all work out in the end while you are waiting. ― Roy T. Bennett
3. Don’t let the rain drive you to the wrong shelter; the shade can turn out to be your protector and also your destroyer, and sometimes the rain is the perfect protector from the rain. ― Michael Bassey Johnson
4. Concentration is a cornerstone of mindfulness practice. Your mindfulness will only be as robust as the capacity of your mind to be calm and stable. Without calmness, the mirror of mindfulness will have an agitated and choppy surface and will not be able to reflect things with any accuracy. – Jon Kabat-Zinn
5. Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset. – Saint Francis De Sales
6. Compassion, tolerance, forgiveness and a sense of self-discipline are qualities that help us lead our daily lives with a calm mind. – Dalai Lama Quotes
7. A man of calm is like a shady tree. People who need shelter come to it. ― Toba Beta
8. The nature of the world is to be calm and enhance and support life, and evil is an absence of the inclination of matter to be at peace.― Gregory Maguire
9. Be calm like a calm lake, then you will look beautiful like a beautiful calm lake! ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
When Love Gets Tough
There comes a point in your love life goes through hard times. No matter how much you try, you fail. It feels like you alone are working hard to make the things work out. You may even doubt whether you have ever loved you partner or was it just an attraction.
Truly, every couple has to go through the tough phase of life. No doubt, love is important, but more than love, mutual understanding is essential. There are going to be differences in perceptions which may cause frustration, but as long as we understand the importance of an individual in the family, any conflict can be resolved. (Recommended reading: Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus)
Keep calm quotes about love
10. Let’s not forget it’s you and me vs. The problem… Not you vs. Me. – Steve Maraboli
11. All relationships go through hell, real relationships get through it. There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy. – Ralph H. Blum
12. …I’ve been with you all day. I’m trying to stay calm. – Unknown
13. A person who has lots of anger inside definitely loves people more than anyone else can. Because if red color indicates anger then it indicates love too. – Unknown
14. A perfect relationship is not that you never get angry, upset or irritated with each other. It’s how fast you resolve and bounce back to normal. – Unknown
15. No matter how angry you get, you always end up forgiving the people you love. – Unknown
16. Let your love to be stroger than your hate or anger. Learn the wisdom of compromise, for it is better to bend a little than to break. – H.G. Wells.
17. There is so much power in choosing to love yourself against all odds and I hope with every kind of painful experience you become more aware who you are and what you are truly capable of. Life hurts but it’s also remarkably beautiful if you look past the chaos. ― Nikki Rowe
When You Are Overwhelmed
Most people feel overwhelmed or under pressure at work, and it’s easy to fall into the trap of being busy rather than being productive. Some people even work more than fifteen hours a day and yet unable to achieve the goals they set for themselves.
In this competitive world, we don’t need time management. What we need is self-management. When we fail to manage ourselves at work and home, we not only waste our time but also miss the opportunity to be the best version of ourselves.
When you feel overwhelmed, take a break and recharge yourself. Reading a book or inspirational quotes or even stretching your body for ten minutes or so can re-fire your productivity. (Recommended reading: 5 Best Productivity Books To Achieve Your Goals Faster Than Before)
Keep calm quotes under pressure
18. Whoever’s calm and sensible is insane! ― Jalaluddin Rumi
19. Be like a duck, paddling and working very hard inside the water, but what everyone sees are a smiling and calm face. ― Manoj Arora
20. You’ll never find peace of mind until you listen to your heart. —George Michael
21. You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level. —Eckhart Tolle
22. Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures. —John F. Kennedy
23. The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven. — John Milton
24. Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. —Robert Louis Stevenson
25. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly. —Neil Gaiman
26. Quality is job one. —Henry Ford
27. When the expected occurred, never panic, by keep calming, you gain control over the situation. – Lailah Gifty Akita
28. When problems come, remain calm in two cases. One when you know you can solve them so smile; second, when you know you can’t so be silent. ― Vikram
Also Read: 3 Easy Ways To Let Go of The Past
When Your Anger Controls You
It’s all right to have anger, but it’s not at alright when Anger has you. Using anger as a way to express your emotions can cause the situation go out of control. Resultantly, it can affect your personal and professional life. Even using anger to make your dear ones realize their mistakes can result in grudges and more problems.
It’s difficult to control the instant wave of emotions, but practicing anger management can help you in avoiding unnecessary troubles.
Three simple rules you can try:
- Practice deep breathing and observe your emotions. Shift all your focus on your breaths. Do not react to the feelings and the impatient mind.
- Channelize your anger in other activities. Doing a quick rep of push-ups or crunches can be beneficial in overcoming the anger.
- Read and re-read the following quotes.
(Recommended reading: 7 Excellent Short Self-Help Books To Change Your Life)
Keep calm quotes for anger
29. Getting angry doesn’t solve anything. – Grace Kelly
30. Anger is like a storm rising up from the bottom of your consciousness. When you feel it coming, turn your focus to your breath. – Thich Nhat Hanh
31. Anger does not solve problems – anger only makes things worse. I go by the old saying, ‘Don’t make important decisions when you’re angry. – Lionel Sosa
32. When anger rises, think of the consequences. – Confucius
33. Anger, if not restrained, is frequently more hurtful to us than the injury that provokes it. – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
34. Man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep. – Mahatma Gandhi Quotes
35. Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind. – Robert Green Ingersoll
36. You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. – Buddha Quotes
37. Anger is a short madness. – Horace
38. Not the fastest horse can catch a word spoken in anger. – Chinese Proverb
39. Anger is one letter short of danger. – Eleanor Roosevelt
40. If you kick a stone in anger you will hurt your foot. – Korean Proverb
41. Where there is anger, there is always pain underneath. – Eckhart Tolle
42. Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools. – Albert Einstein
Which quote do you love the most? Share with me in the comments below. Subscribe to the website so that you don’t miss any post.