What made me to write respect quotes? When I was strolling around my house, I met my childhood teacher. I cannot express my happiness after seeing him. He taught us mathematics. We talked for a few minutes, and I was reminded how grateful I’m to have such teachers in my life. The same incident led me to write the post about respect quotes.
In life, it’s crucial to show respect to yourself as well as to others. Learning to respect people not only strengthens your relationship with them but also help you feel good about yourself. Giving respect to the peers at work is one of the top reasons to go ahead in professional life.
Self-respect empowers and buid confidence in one’s attitude. In fact, self-esteem is put above than any other form of respect. If you cannot admire yourself, you can never be able to appreciate others. Self-love is enlightening. It moves you on the road to self-realization. Having a lousy self-image often leads to fret and fuming. Therefore it’s essential to read positive messages now and then.
In this post, you will find an extensive collection of respect quotes, covering from respect quotes for kids to respect quotes for him or respect quotes for her. The below-listed quotations will also help those who are searching for respect quotes for work.
Often it happens that we get disappointed when our thoughts clash with the dear ones. Resultantly, we get into the debate rather than discussion. When two people start going personal at each other, it may harm the relations.
Respecting each other’s point of view not only make us more patient but also help us to understand the opinions of others. Moreover, when you stand someone else’s shoes, you allow yourself to see a new perspective. It may also happen that you find this new point of view more beneficial than you had held before.
It’s all right if people do not share with you the same thoughts you stand for.
1. I must respect the opinions of others even if I disagree with them. – Herbert H. Lehman
2. To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater. – Bono
3. When I approach a child, he inspires in me two sentiments; tenderness for what he is, and respect for what he may become. – Louis Pasteur
4. I firmly believe that respect is a lot more important, and a lot greater, than popularity. – Julius Erving
5. Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners. – Laurence Sterne
6. A true gentleman is one that apologizes anyways, even though he has not offended a lady intentionally. He is in a class all of his own because he knows the value of a woman’s heart. – Shannon L. Alder
7. Treat others as you want them to treat you because what goes around comes around. – Unknown
8. One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say. – Bryant H. McGill
9. If you want to be respected by others, the great thing is to respect yourself. Only by that, only by self-respect will you compel others to respect you. – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
10. The truest form of love is how you behave toward someone, not how you feel about them. – Steve Hall
11. I have seen many storms in my life. Most storms have caught me by surprise, so I had to learn very quickly to look further and understand that I am not capable of controlling the weather, to exercise the art of patience and to respect the fury of nature. – Paulo Coelho
12. Respect a man, he will do the more. – James Howell
13. When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everybody will respect you. – Lao Tzu
14. In finding love, I think it’s important to be patient. In being in a relationship, I think it’s important to be honest, to communicate, to respect and trust, and to strive to give more than you take. – Kina Grannis
15. A hypocrite despises those whom he deceives, but has no respect for himself. He would make a dupe of himself too, if he could. – William Hazlitt
16. Never take a person’s dignity: it is worth everything to them, and nothing to you. – Frank Barron
Respect blooms the love
No two person can be alike. Understanding that everyone has his own thoughts and showing respect to the people, irrespective of their limitation makes the bond stronger. In the beginning, every relationship looks beautiful but as the years pass by, it’s always mutual understanding that binds the love together.
Self-esteem also plays a vital role in successful marriages. Unless you cannot love yourself, you cannot love another person. A happy marriage is the one where each individual takes care of his or her happiness. Even in tough times, they ignore the blame-game, works patiently and change the odd situations in their own favor.
17. When men and women are able to respect and accept their differences then love has a chance to blossom. – John Gray
18. We don’t need to share the same opinions as others, but we need to be respectful. – Taylor Swift
19. Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners. – Laurence Sterne
20. Respect yourself and others will respect you. – Confucius
21. Never respect men merely for their riches, but rather for their philanthropy; we do not value the sun for its height, but for its use. – Gamaliel Bailey
22. I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university. – Albert Einstein
23. He who wants a rose must respect the thorn. – Persian Proverb
24. I think I’m a natural-born leader. I know how to bow down to authority if it’s authority that I respect. – Tupac Shakur
25. I’m kind of a good girl – and I’m not. I’m a good girl because I really believe in love, integrity, and respect. I’m a bad girl because I like to tease. I know that I have sex appeal in my deck of cards. But I like to get people thinking. That’s what the stories in my music do. – Katy Perry
26. A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone. – Billy Graham
27. Life is short, and we should respect every moment of it. – Orhan Pamuk
28. Respecting someone indicate the quality of your personality. – Mohammad Rishad sakhi
29. You should respect each other and refrain from disputes; you should not, like water and oil, repel each other, but should, like milk and water, mingle together. – Buddha
30. If we are not free, no one will respect us. – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
31. One thing I’ve learned through all the ups and downs is that if you’re doing things right, then you have a core group of people. Not just a core group like your homies or your buddies, but a group of people that has a good influence on you, who you respect and admire, and you know that if they’re on your side, you’re doing something right. – Hope Solo
32. Women live lives of continual apology. They are born and raised to take the blame for other people’s behavior. If they are treated without respect, they tell themselves that they have failed to earn respect. If their husbands do not fancy them, it is because they are unattractive. – Germaine Greer
Become a good listener
The God has given two ears and one mouth so that we listen more and speak less. Frankly, people do not need solutions to their problem. They want someone who can just listen to them. More than a solution, a person wants to drop down the heaviness from his heart. Moreover, you do not need someone who only talks and does not want to listen to you at all. Finally, a good listener achieves more in life than the people with closed ears and minds.
33. The first duty of love is to listen. – Paul Tillich
34. Tolerance implies a respect for another person, not because he is wrong or even because he is right, but because he is human. – John Cogley
35. Use their name.
Express sincere gratitude.
Do more listening than talking.
Talk more about them than about you.
Be authentically interested.
Be sincere in your praise.
Show you care. ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
36. It’s okay to disagree with the thoughts or opinions expressed by other people. That doesn’t give you the right to deny any sense they might make. Nor does it give you a right to accuse someone of poorly expressing their beliefs just because you don’t like what they are saying. Learn to recognize good writing when you read it, even if it means overcoming your pride and opening your mind beyond what is comfortable. ― Ashly Lorenzana
37. A blank wall of social and professional antagonism faces the woman physician that forms a situation of singular and painful loneliness, leaving her without support, respect or professional counsel. – Elizabeth Blackwell
38. We all have goals: We want to matter. We want to be important. We want to have freedom and power to pursue our creative work. We want respect from our peers and recognition for our accomplishments. Not out of vanity or selfishness, but of an earnest desire to fulfill our personal potential. – Ryan Holiday
39. When we love and respect people, revealing to them their value, they can begin to come out from behind the walls that protect them. – Jean Vanier
40. Respect commands itself and it can neither be given nor withheld when it is due. – Eldridge Cleaver
41. We cannot expect people to have respect for law and order until we teach respect to those we have entrusted to enforce those laws. – Hunter S. Thompson
42. I write for those women who do not speak, for those who do not have a voice because they were so terrified, because we are taught to respect fear more than ourselves. We’ve been taught that silence would save us, but it won’t. – Audre Lorde
43. If we lose love and self-respect for each other, this is how we finally die. – Maya Angelou
44. Be more humble than a blade of grass, more tolerant than a tree, always offering respect onto others and never expecting any in return. – Chaitanya Mahaprabhu
45. If I despised myself, it would be no compensation if everyone saluted me, and if I respect myself, it does not trouble me if others hold me lightly. – Max Nordau
46. I think the sexiest thing about anybody is intelligence. I respect somebody who has a brain and wants to use it more than a pretty face and status. – Sophia Bush
47. He that respects himself is safe from others; he wears a coat of mail that none can pierce. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Beautiful hearts earn respect
When we look at our past and recall the friends and people who crossed our paths, we think of those who had beautiful hearts and not those who have beautiful faces with bend hearts.
48. When I look at a person, I see a person – not a rank, not a class, not a title. – Criss Jami
49. I will respect the limits of my experience but that won’t stop me from trying to lead by example of my work. Being a good teammate and picking them up on and off the field is a simple goal of mine. – Anthony Rizzo
50. It may be important to great thinkers to examine the world, to explain and despise it. But I think it is only important to love the world, not to despise it, not for us to hate each other, but to be able to regard the world and ourselves and all beings with love, admiration and respect. -Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha
51. To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater. – Bono
52. You can’t force someone to respect you, but you can refuse to be disrespected. – Unknown
53. Tolerance isn’t about not having beliefs. It’s about how your beliefs lead you to treat people who disagree with you. – Timothy Keller
Comment below your favourite respect quotes. If you enjoyed reading the post, join our tribe and never miss any post.