I read The Alchemist twice before the idea of writing the alchemist quotes came to my mind. It was the first book which introduced me to the works of Paulo Coelho.
After reading The Alchemist, I read other books authored by Paulo Coelho including Like The Flowing River which I bought from the ISBT bus stop while going on a trip to Mussoorie, Uttarakhand, and Manuscript found in Accra immediately after reading The Flowing River.
Although the post is about The Alchemist quotes, I equally loved the book The Flowing River.
While on the three day trip to Mussoorie, my friend and I planned to meet Ruskin Bond, one of my favorite authors who lived nearby Mussoorie. Ruskin Bond met his readers only on weekends at a bookstore stood in the Main Bazaar.
No sooner we reached the bookstore than we heard that Ruskin Bond was caught up in fever and would meet the readers next weekend. We were disappointed, but we had no choice.
My friend bought a book by Zig Ziglar from the bookstore while I picked up The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho. Soon after returning from the trip, I settled myself for reading the book. Unsurprisingly, this book, like his other works, held my interest till the last page.
Early morning, as I climbed upstairs to my bookshelf, I had my eye on the title The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. Hence, I decided, why not share The Alchemist Quotes with you?
I hope the following The Alchemist quotes help you to build your faith in your journey.
1. Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own. – The Alchemist
It’s easy to pinpoint the shortcomings and faults of others, but to find own strength and weakness requires courage. Most people are afraid of challenging themselves. Either we blame others or simply avoid whatever is occurring in our life. We have developed technology, our economy and yet fail to develop ourselves psychologically. What the world needs is the change in the individual. If each person takes care of himself and works on shaping his own future, the world automatically gets better.
2. The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them. – The Alchemist
Needless to say, less is more. The true happiness lies in finding contentment in what you possess. Finding satisfaction in little things can bring a huge change. Not everyone can understand this simple philosophy of life. Simplicity heads above everything.
4. When each day is the same as the next, it’s because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every day that the sun rises. – The Alchemist
Expressing gratitude is what we’ve forgotten today. Instead of being grateful for what we have, we moan about the things we don’t have. Somewhere in the business and troubles of life, we’ve forgotten that good things are happening with us every moment. Unfortunately, most of us are in the habit of looking at unhappiness in the unlimited bliss of life.
5. There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure. – The Alchemist Quotes
The one thing that stands in between our dreams and us is the fear of failure. What if I take the risk and I lose? What do people think of me if I fail? Reality is, in most cases, we are afraid of the unknown. We are afraid of the things that have never happened to us. Our assumptions have limited our capability to look at the positive results.
One simple rule that successful people follow is the principle of Visualization. Imagining how life would be if you accomplish your dreams can help in overcoming the fear to a greater extent.
6. Because I don’t live in either my past or my future. I’m interested only in the present. – The Alchemist Quotes
We are either dwelling on to the past or thinking about the future. We are so attached to our weaknesses and regrets that we block the positive thinking process and hence miss what we can do with our present. The past has gone, and we cannot change it. “Tomorrow” never comes. All we have is “Today”. The past and future are all dependent on how good we make use of the present moment.
7. Everything that happens once can never happen again. But everything that happens twice will surely happen a third time. – The Alchemist
This one of the best The Alchemist quotes reflect on the way human beings do the mistakes. If you have done a mistake and learned from it, it will never occur again. But if you are not learning from your mistakes, you’ve to face the failures to the umpteenth time. What happens twice will surely happen a third time.
8. Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second’s encounter with God and with eternity. – The Alchemist
Journey to your dreams is the journey towards self-realization. You are not only achieving your goals, you are also bringing a change in your behavior and perspective. You are not in suffering but you are becoming strong and patient from within.
9. People are afraid to pursue their most important dreams because they feel that they don’t deserve them, or that they’ll be unable to achieve them. – The Alchemist
Self-doubt is our biggest enemy. It not only kills our dreams but also ceases our ability to take decisions in difficult times.
10. But if you believe yourself worthy of the thing you fought so hard to get, then you become an instrument of God, you help the Soul of the World, and you understand why you are here. – The Alchemist
When you set goals for yourself and live each day up to your mark, you naturally find your true calling. Then you become an instrument of God and you empower people with your thoughts and make the world a better place to live.
11. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too. If you start by promising what you don’t even have yet, you’ll lose your desire to work towards getting it. – The Alchemist
Self-improvement is life-improvement. When you work on improving one area, its effect can be seen in the remaining areas of your life. When you push yourself a little beyond your abilities, you maximize your potential and achieve personal excellence.
12. No matter what he does, every person on earth plays a central role in the history of the world. And normally he doesn’t know it. – The Alchemist
Our work is contributing to the world. Even if our deeds are not mentioned somewhere, we are a part of this world and without our contribution, the world would have remained empty.
13. God only rarely reveals the future. When he does so, it is for one reason: it’s a future that was written so as to be altered. – The Alchemist
No one knows the future. If someone knows, it’s only because God wants him to know so that it can be changed.
14. At a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what’s happening to us, and our lives become controlled by fate. That’s the world’s greatest lie. – The Alchemist
When things start getting wrong, we leave everything on time. We believe that time heals everything. Truly, time does not change anything, but we do. Before time controls you, take control of your time.
15. There is only one way to learn. It’s through action. Everything you need to know you have learned through your journey. – The Alchemist
Actions always speak louder than voice. Thinking a thousand time cannot make the dreams come true. Bold actions are necessary. Even one small step in the right direction can open the secrets to a thousand mile journey.
16. And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it. – The Alchemist
When you take charge of your life and constantly work with a single aim, you start attracting the Universe to make things possible. You create a powerful energy around you and every event that occurs in your life lead you to your big dream.
17. It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting. – The Alchemist Quotes
People often link dreams with patience and persistence, but the truth is only known to the people who are following their true calling. The real enjoyment is not at the completion of a masterpiece, but it’s in the process of being made.
18. Intuition is really a sudden immersion of the soul into the universal current of life. – The Alchemist
Intuition and gut feelings have always been proved to be real. It’s not the mind’s voice, but it comes from within. Sometimes it takes time to see the result what you’ve realized in a sudden moment. But eventually, the right things fall together.
19. And, when you can’t go back, you have to worry only about the best way of moving forward. – The Alchemist
When you’ve reached till this far, why waste the time to look back and regret? When you’ve decided to live a meaningful life, now why step back from working towards it? All you’ve to do is to take the leap of faith and keep moving.
20. You will never be able to escape from your heart. So it’s better to listen to what it has to say. – The Alchemist Quotes
When in confusion, listen to your heart. Your mind may try to overcome your true calling, but avoid it, for the best life waits for those who have their heart and total devotion.
Which one of the alchemist quotes did you love reading the most? Comment below and I’ll surely revert. Also, subscribe to the blog so that you never miss a post.